Sunday, May 22, 2011

First Class Citizen

I stand above a valley, peering out over
brocolli carpet, those tall trees,
waiting like a welcome mat.

I bobble back and forth, I play with death,
and then I take a step back, laughing at my naughtiness.

And I know, and I know that the climb back up’s
a hearty one, I take the bike path instead.
Smiling at the passers by, I pass on
the left, I am the first class citizen.

Don’t give disturbing thoughts encouragement
if you know what’s good for you.

And don’t heed the preacher, don’t stay in bed,
get up! Get out and live instead.

And don’t listen to your mom, don’t listen to your dad,just listen to the voices inside your head.

And don’t pick the flowers, don’t feed the bears
If you know whats good for you
if you know whats good for you.


-Bree 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment